Thursday, July 06, 2006

Familial Ties

Yesterday I had the shock of my life when in the afternoon my aunt called me to tell me she had an urgent problem and wanted me to go over as soon as possible.

She was in the office so she didn't elaborate.

Knowing her wonderful temperament, which is very much like my own short-fused one, I called her younger daughter to ask what's going on that is so urgent. I needed to do a background on what not to say, lest I trigger another verbal attack from her.

The last time I saw the family of them was on Fathers' Day, and there had been no indicators that something was brewing then, except my aunt's rather quiet disposition throughout dinner.

I hadn't asked her then, because I know how she hates it when people assume something is wrong and then asks her in front of everyone. Some will say it is pride, but others will say she has a right to privacy. Sigh. Being her only confidante after grandma passed on, I can only note her idiosyncrasies and approach her carefully. Usually this means that I wait for her to call me and complain.

TLX told me everything in a condensed semi-incomprehensible 6 minute nutshell over the phone. The poor girl was rushing some stupid TP project that is due quite soon. TLT was having attachment also, but I told TLX to tell her to go home early also.

I don't know which made me worry more, the lack of detail from my aunt's sudden demand that I go over, or TLX's frantic mess of information.

Met Rz and G for a brief dinner of mee pok. Then had to rush off to my aunt's already. Took me awhile to walk across to her place in the dark from the station. All the way I kept asking Him for help. I just felt so small. I'm unmarried, without children. What do I know about marital problems? What do I know about bringing up a 16 year old?

When I got there I found TLT yelling at her brother downstairs with TLX upstairs crying and pleading with my aunt -.-" It took me some time to register my shock.

Then after that we spent the entire night just trying to "talk" things over. This sounds like such a docile sentence as compared to all the crying/screaming/pleading/yelling that actually took place.

By the time it was 2345, I had such a headache I knew I had to ask dad to pick me. As usual he took his own sweet time and it was almost an hour later when he arrived, but it didn't matter, I was just thankful to be able to go home to my beloved pillow.

After all that trauma, I couldn't sleep til 4+ again. Needless to say, I woke up late today as well. Thankfully it's a cool day, or my headache would have been even more unbearable.

And I still have to select my subjects for next semester. I so can't bring myself to click on the damn QUT website lor. Just looking at the damn logo on my ffx quicklauncher makes me wanna quit studying.

Hear my inaudible groan.


- 6 July 2006 5:39pm -

No comments: